Home – Day 20
by Renee Bodkin
After a long weekend.
A long, fun weekend.
A long, stressful (at times) weekend.
A three day weekend.
I am grateful for home.
As much as being out and about and going on a mini-vacation is awesome — Coming home is a great feeling.
I had that overwhelming feeling of gratitude as I:
- Pulled into the driveway
- Walked up my own walk (even though it’s terribly snow covered)
- Walked in the door to Max jumping all over me and following me around for the rest of the night
- Over-flowing laundry
- Dishes left in the sink
- Dinner needing to be cooked
- Tomorrow needed to be prepared for
- Blog needed to be written
- Boys needed to be sent to bed (thank God for homeschooling because tonight’s a late night)
All of it… I’m grateful for. Why? Because it is home.
Oh yeah, fast internet. I was a tad frustrated (and probably over-tired and water logged) last night when I tediously logged in at Great Wolf Lodge at 11pm, painstakingly (because of the ever-slow connection) wrote a blog only to not get windows open, photos uploaded then when I finally pushed “PUBLISH” (albeit without photos and much formatting) — Everything I typed DISAPPEARED. So… fast and reliable internet at home is what I am also very grateful for.